She arrived at my place on Tuesday morning and after a bit of a catch up we got ourselves into the sewing room and started loading my gray and yellow quilt.
I honestly don't know why but there was some trouble getting the stitching to look correct.
I am not sure if it was because I was using a darker thread on white and light coloured fabrics but in the end we worked it out and got the quilting done. I think it looks terrific!
|Photo showing the texture of the quilting.|
|This photo shows the true colours of the quilt.|
Next up we loaded Cheryl's quilt and things were going great until something happened with the bobbin and we didn't notice until we had to make another bobbin change. Grrr.....we had to rip out just about a whole row of stitching. It was probably a total of about 70" in length and 11" in width. We were exhausted by the whole thing. It really is difficult to rip stitches when the quilt is loaded on a frame! So, after that adventure we called it a day and left it to finish on Thursday.
I really thought that she should have stayed until today but it probably would not have made any difference. I took these photos this morning. Everything is coated in ice including the roads - very treacherous. I think it is a good thing that today is a holiday and most people are staying in, safe and sound, and not going to work or school.
|back yard view|